As of 2013, the Tuts+ network has grown into 13 healthy individual blogs. While this structure has served us well, as we continue to grow we feel there's a better way. We've made the decision to start collecting up our existing sites and merging them. In doing this, you get to take advantage of:
- Improved category structure and navigation to make browsing easier,
- Super fast category and global search to help you quickly target tutorial categories in which you're interested,
- Powerful search filtering to zoom in further on just the topics you want,
- Network wide discovery so you can stumble across fantastic learning categories you perhaps didn't even know we covered, and
- Emerging topics that we can now tackle with minimum set-up and fuss, direct from your suggestions.
There are many behind the scenes benefits to merging as well, all working towards keeping Tuts+ the place for timely, topical and consistently great tutorial content!
I've been working with our team on this for over six months, and it's very exciting to finally unveil the beginnings of how our vision will continue.